Report a Water Main Break
During normal business hours, call:
- Coralville Water Plant at 319.248.1770 (Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-3:30 pm)
- Utility Billing Department at 319.248.1715 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm)
Evenings, Weekends, & Holidays
After hours, call:
- After hours water emergency, 319.530.6225
Utility Bills & Accounts
Start or Stop Service
To start or stop utility service:
- Start or stop service online, or
- Contact Utility Billing at 319.248.1715, or
- Visit Coralville City Hall, 1512 7th St, Coralville, IA 52241
About Coralville Water
Water quality at the lowest cost has always been our primary commitment at City of Coralville Municipal Water. We also believe the best way to assure you that the water is safe is by providing you with accurate information about the way the water is treated.
Coralville water originates in underground layers known as aquifers. About half of the water comes from the Jordan Aquifer at a level of about 1600 feet deep; approximately 30% comes from the Silurian Aquifer, which is about 500 feet deep; and the rest from the shallow wells at around 100 feet deep.
All the water is pumped to the treatment plant where it is blended and then aerated to remove hydrogen sulfide gas. Water flows by gravity to the filters where iron and manganese are removed. After filtration the water is chlorinated then stored in reservoirs until pumps at the Booster Station send it to the distribution systems or to the water towers.
Documents & Resources
- 2019 Consumer Confidence Water Report (published May 2020)
- 2018 Consumer Confidence Water Report (published May 2019)
- 2017 Consumer Confidence Water Report (published May 2018)
- Hygienic Laboratory Report
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Data and Maintenance Report
- See Backflow Prevention, Code of Ordinances, Ch. 90.21
Water Service Lines
- To see the parts of a water service line and learn what the property owner is responsible for, view our water service line diagram.