A building permit is required for any structure that falls under the following descriptions:
To apply for a building permit, the following information is required:
- Complete and submit a building permit application including all contractor information, along with electronic plans, site plans, and supporting documents (see item 2).
- Send building permit application, site plans, electronic plans, and supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Site plans must show property lines, set back lines, and building location (see Setback Requirements).
- Elevations and floor plans are required. Plans need to be dimensioned, labeled, and legible.
- Submit the complete plans to the Community Development Department, 1512 7th Street, Coralville, IA 52241
- The CSR permit cannot be issued until all application requirements have been provided and approved, and all erosion control measures are in place and inspected by the Engineering Department.
- Please contact the Engineering Stormwater Technician at 319.248.1740 when ready for inspection.
Pay the Permit Fee
- Fee is paid after approval.
- Minimum permit fee is $25 for up to $500 worth of work.
- See Fee Schedule for valuation of work above $500.
- Permit must be paid and signed for in person at the Community Development Department, 1512 7th Street, Coralville, IA 52241.
Note: For new construction, please refer to requirements for: