State Electrical License RequiredIf you or your firm will be doing electrical work within the City of Coralville, you must have a State electrical license(s). If you haven’t previously provided this information, please complete / provide the following items:
- Provide us with your firm's State-issued license for all the work performed.
- A copy of your insurance for the current calendar year must be on file in the Community Development Department. The insurance certificate must indicate that the applicant is carrying liability and completed products insurance in the amounts of $100,000 per occurrence and $300,000 total. These forms are not always sent automatically. Please include a copy with your State license.
- Each Master and Journeyman electrician working in Coralville must be licensed.
- Each electrical firm must retain the services of a Master electrician to oversee all work.
- A Journeyman electrician must be present at the job site whenever electrical work is done. There shall be no more than three unlicensed personnel working under the supervision of a Journeyman electrician. We will be checking this, so carry your card at all times.
- The City is currently enforcing the Iowa State Electrical Code.