Free Concert in S.T. Morrison Park
Featuring Voices of Classic Rock
July 3, 2023
6:30 pm: Beaker Brothers Band
8:00 pm: Voices of Classic Rock
Where: S.T. Morrison Park, Coralville | Get directions
About: Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and prepare for a great performance at the annual 4thFest concert! The show is open to all ages.
Weather: The concert is scheduled to be held rain or shine.
All events subject to change.
Beaker Brothers Band • 6:30 pm
Beaker Brothers Band • 6:30 pm
Before there was alternative … there was the only alternative. The one place to find out where music was headed. Before XM schlock and FM rock, there was the Mighty 1090, churning out progressive rock way after bedtime. Clyde Clifford's Beaker Street on KAAY from Little Rock, Arkansas was the beacon pointing the way for our music, and we were listening.
For over 15 years the Beaker Brothers Band has been paying homage to the original Jam Bands of the late 60’s and early 70’s – the Allman Brothers, Clapton, Santana, Little Feat, Rolling Stones, James Gang, the Doors, Steely Dan, Neil Young, CCR, and many more. But the Beaker Brothers Band isn’t a nostalgia act. We’re playing music that has been in our heads and our hearts since we first heard it. This is the music we played in our youth. It's music of the night from Back in the Day, played by guys who are as awed by it now as when we were driving home from a gig in 1969 and suddenly pulled off the road on a hilltop 'cause Clyde was blowing our minds again, and we couldn't get the signal down in the valley.
This is not your father's rock band. No, wait, maybe it is. Anyway, we're sure you're gonna dig it. So, join the Beaker Brothers Band for a joyride from the Summers of Love — it'll be really groovy.
Peace. Love. Rock & Roll.
Watch Beaker Brothers Band videos | Beaker Brothers Band on Facebook
Voices of Classic Rock • 8:00 pm
Voices of Classic Rock
Voices of Classic Rock brings hit after hit of classic rock songs sung by iconic rock stars. This stunning show features former singers from the bands ASIA, Santana, Boston, and Chicago.
This incredible lineup champions numerous top twenty, top ten, and more than ten number-one US Billboard chart hits. Prepare yourself for an unprecedented evening of superlative music, enthralling stories, and stunning visuals with singers John Payne, former ASIA lead singer; Alex Ligertwood, former Santana lead singer; Fran Cosmo, formerly with Boston; and Bill Champlin, former Chicago lead singer.
- Night Ranger (2022)
- Josh Turner (2021)
- Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri (2019)
- Rick Springfield (2018)
- Tommy James and the Shondells (2017)
- The Oak Ridge Boys (2016)
- Loverboy (2015)
- Jefferson Starship (2014) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 38 Special (2013)
- Lonestar (2012)
- Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone (2011)
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (2010)
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX (2009)
- The Guess Who (2008)
- Grand Funk Railroad (2007)
- The Charlie Daniels Band (2006) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Little River Band (2005)
- Kansas (2004)
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears (2003)
- America (2002)
- Three Dog Night (2001)
- The Platters, The Drifters, and The Marvelettes (2000)
- Chubby Checker (1999)
- The Mamas & the Papas (1998) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Where is the parade?
- Where can I park for 4thFest?
- When are the fireworks?
- Will events be held if it rains?
- Is the concert on July 3rd free?
- Where can I watch the 4thFest parade?
- Are sparklers allowed at 4thFest?
- Are pets allowed at 4thFest?
- Is smoking allowed at 4thFest?
- Are coolers allowed at the 4thFest concert? Can I bring alcohol?
- Can I put up a pop up tent, canopy, or sun shade for the concert?
- Are grills allowed at 4thFest?
- What items are not allowed in the park during 4thFest?
- Are there seats in the park during 4thFest?
- Where can I eat at 4thFest?
- Where are the restrooms?
- The concert is loud. What can I do?
- The fireworks are loud. What can I do?
- I live on the 4thFest parade route. When will my street close?
- Who is in charge of 4thFest?