COVID-19 Info (Parks & Rec)
When to stay home
Please stay home and do not come to the Recreation Center if you:
- Have a fever of 100.4F or higher in the past 72 hours
- Aren't feeling well and have any symptoms of illness (including unexplained cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, chills, unexplained fatigue or muscle aches, headache, runny or stuffy nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms of illness.
- Have COVID-19
- Have been exposed in the past 14 days to someone with COVID-19
Recreation Center Use & COVID-19 Guidelines
- Effective December 17, 2020:
- The Coralville Recreation Center and Indoor Pool are open under limited capacity; a reservation is no longer required.
- A reduced capacity of 50 people is allowed in the activity side of the building. Once capacity is reached, admittance is by one out/one in. Those waiting must remain outside.
- All persons over 5th grade must have a Rec Pass to scan. Learn more at www.coralville.org/recpass.
- Masks required: all persons entering the Coralville Recreation Center and participating in activities must wear a mask. This is for the duration of your stay in our building. If you do not comply, you will be asked to leave. Exception to this rule is behind a plexiglass area, in a private office, or while swimming/lifeguarding.
- Social distancing and frequent hand sanitizing is encouraged.
- Extra cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces is done daily but users acknowledge that entrance and use of a public facility is by own risk.
- The Coralville Hybrid School Age Care program will continue under normal operations. The high school WiFi NESTS will continue taking reservations for use of a table and access to WiFi on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday evenings. High school ID required.
Parks & Trails
Outdoor spaces and trails remain open. Socially distance from those outside of immediate family when using outdoor spaces, and wear a mask when six feet of distance cannot be maintained.
Snow is not cleared from all Coralville trails, however, some are plowed; others are groomed for cross country skiing or fat tire bike riding. Coralville trail information
The Coralville Recreation Center has a modified schedule. The schedule has assigned times for different age groups and program types. This allows equitable use among different ages and abilities while maintaining a reduced capacity for social distancing. Special times are allocated for families to use the gym and game room together during weekdays as a break from online learning.
Some activities require registration to fairly distribute opportunities.
- Go to www.coralville.org/recregister.
- If you have an account, click "Register online." If you don't have an account, click "Create new account."
View the monthly gym calendars
The indoor pool at the Coralville Recreation Center is open. Capacity is limited.
- Indoor Pool lap swim hours are for Coralville residents or Coralville Pool Pass holders only.
- Open swim hours may be used by anyone.
Masks are required for all indoor activities in the Recreation Center. Masks must be worn through the locker room and to the water, but not in the water, for the indoor pool.
Please maintain social distancing as much as possible while using the facility.
Open with a limit of two people at a time.
Open with a limit of four people at a time.
- We ask swimmers to limit their time in the locker rooms. Come dressed to swim
- Locker rooms are open, but lockers are not available. We recommend bringing your valuables out on deck with you.
KickboardsThe use of our kickboards and other equipment will not be available.
Visit the Indoor Pool webpage.
*Information subject to change.
Aquatic Center information
Limited Capacity & By Appointment
The exercise room at the Coralville Recreation Center is available by appointment for Coralville residents with a Rec Pass only. See above.
- Occupancy limit is two people.
- Locker rooms are available; lockers are not available. Come dressed to exercise.
- Drinking fountains are not available. We have a bottle filler and vending machines.