COVID-19 Info (Parks & Rec)
Please stay home if you have a fever of 100.4F or higher or aren’t feeling well (unexplained cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, unexplained muscle aches, or other symptoms of illness). Follow CDC recommendations for isolation if you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
Summer 2020 Pool Information
Hours, capacity, rules, & extra precautions
The Coralville pools will open June 29, 2020, for recreational swimming with modifications to:
- Pool capacity and waiting lists
- New hours and Coralville resident-only early admission
- Reservations for summer camps and day care groups
- Extra precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19
To prepare for your visit to the Coralville Community Aquatic Center or the Coralville Indoor Pool, please read the summer 2020 pool information.
When to stay home
Please stay home if you:
- Have a fever of 100.4F or higher in the past 72 hours
- Have any symptoms of illness, including unexplained cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, chills, unexplained fatigue or muscle aches, headache, runny or stuffy nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms of illness
- Have COVID-19
- Have been exposed in the past 14 days to someone with COVID-19
By appointment only
Beginning June 8, 2020, the exercise room at the Coralville Recreation Center will be available by appointment.
- Appointments are one hour in duration.
- Occupancy limit is two people per appointment.
- All appointments must be made in advance via phone. Drop-ins are not allowed. To make reservation call the Recreation Center at 319.248.1750 beginning June 3, 2020.
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 7:30 am-5:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday. 7:30 am-7:30 pm
- Come dressed to exercise. Locker rooms are not available.
- Drinking fountains are not available. We have a bottle filler and vending machines.
If you had an active exercise room pass on March 15, 2020 it will be extended for 3 months due to the COVID 19 closure.
By appointment only
Beginning June 8, 2020, lap swimming and water walking at the Indoor Pool at the Coralville Recreation Center is available by appointment.
- Appointments are one hour in duration (arrive, swim, leave).
- You may make 2 appointments per week.
- All appointments must be made in advance via phone. Drop-in appointments are not allowed. To make a reservation, call the Recreation Center at 319.248.1750.
- We will start taking calls for appointments at 9:00 am on June 3.
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 6:00-8:00 am and 11:30 am-1:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 11:30 am-4:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am-Noon
- One person per lane. No exceptions.
- There are 2 slots for water walking in the shallow end per appointment block.
- Swimmers must limit their time in the locker rooms. Come dressed to swim. The locker rooms will be open, but the lockers will not be available for use. We recommend bringing your valuables out on deck with you.
- Use of our equipment (kickboards, etc.) is not available.
- The hot tub is not available.
If you had an active pool pass on March 15, 2020 your pass will be extended 3 months due to the COVID-19 closure.
These procedures will be in effect from June 8-23. We will re-evaluate on or before June 23 to see if we will continue this process or loosen our restrictions.