City Council & Mayor
City Council Meetings
- 6:30 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month
- City Hall 1512 7th St.
- Work sessions, open to the public, follow most meetings
- Watch past City Council meeting videos
- Watch live City Council meeting video (livestreams during City Council meetings at 6:30 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month)
Coralville, IA 52241
Accommodations: City Council meetings are open to all individuals regardless of language spoken or disability. Assistive listening devices are available upon request. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate, contact the City Clerk's office at 319.248.1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to the meeting.
City Council Documents
Agendas/Packets & Minutes
Meetings follow a set agenda to guide the topics to be discussed. Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes summarize the meeting and are available following approval.
City Council Work Session NotesAvailable following the meetings.
Sign up to automatically receive City Council agendas and minutes.
City Council meetings and work sessions are open to the public.
- Live Broadcast: Watch live on CoralVision (Mediacom Channel 5 / 118-8 digital) and online during Council Meetings. Watch CoralVision Live
- Rebroadcast: Watch pre-recorded Council meetings on CoralVision (Mediacom Channel 5 / 118-8 digital). View schedule
- Online: Available any time through CoralVision video on demand. Watch past City Council meetings
Audio recordings are available. Contact Thor Johnson, City Clerk, by email or at 319.248.1700.
Anyone is welcome to submit written comments to the City Council, or attend City Council meetings and participate in public hearings or speak during community comments.
Written comments are considered along with comments made at the meetings. All written or emailed comments on items for community comments or public hearings are forwarded to the Mayor and/or Council, as requested or addressed.
Submit written comments no later than 5:00 pm on the day of the Council meeting to:
- City Clerk's office (1512 7th St., Coralville, IA, 52241, or
- Email comments to email@example.com)
The public has two opportunities to address the Council during council meetings: during the designated Community Comments or Public Hearings times.
- During Community Comments, the public may speak to the Council on any issue, as long as it is not scheduled later in the agenda as a public hearing.
- During Public Hearings, the public may comment on items relevant to the topic of the hearing.
- The mayor will announce the Community Comments and Public Hearings, announce the time limit, and invite the public to speak.
- Go to the podium. Sign in with your name and address for the record. State your name (and/or group you represent, if applicable) and your address, and make your comments.
Community Comments is the time for the Mayor and City Council to listen to your comments, but it is not an open dialog. The Mayor and City Council will not answer questions during these times.
The City Clerk is responsible for ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and the City Code. The office publishes notices, ordinances, and minutes, and assists staff and the public in researching information. Learn about the City Clerk.
City Council MembersThe City of Coralville has a Mayor-Council form of government.
- The City Council consists of five Council Members elected at large for overlapping terms of four years (City Code, Ch. 17.01).
- The City Administrator is appointed by the City Council and serves at the discretion of the Council. Learn about the City Administrator
- The Mayor is elected at large for a two-year term. The Mayor is not a member of the Council and does not vote as a member of the Council (City Code, Ch. 15.05).