Altmaier Family Park & Disc Golf Course
Free and open to the public
- 18-hole disc golf course
- Archery range
- Corn hole (bags game)
- Picnic area(s)
- Restroom (portable)
Status: Altmaier Park & Disc Golf Course is currently open. Status may change at any time due to weather conditions.
About the Park & Disc Golf Course
This former family farm has an 18 hole disc golf course and a barnyard family games area that can be used for picnicking and playing bags. View disc golf course map
A 50 yard archery range opened in July 2020.
Altmaier Family Park opened in fall 2018. The park was developed and built locally by volunteers from the Iowa River Disc Golf Club, Altmaier family members, and city parks staff. Future additions planned are horseshoes, outdoor ping pong, and an archery range.
When the park is open:
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am to Dusk
Saturday & Sunday: Dawn to Dusk
The park is open any time the gates are open.
At times, the park may be closed for blasting operations for our quarry neighbor, for wet conditions, for repairs and maintenance, or for special events.
Range open daily: 11:00 am to Dusk
There is a portable restroom on site. There is no running water on site.
Altmaier Family Park is located at 3444 Deer Creek Road. Take Highway 6 west past Lowes to Deer Creek Road. Take Deer Creek Road over the bridge and continue south. The park is on the left approximately one half mile from Highway 6.
Archery Range Rules
Follow these rules for the safety of all users of the park:
- Archers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- No one down range when archers are shooting.
- Stay within shooting range while shooting.
- Observers must stay behind the platform.
- Shoot only at provided targets or lower part of berm. Shooting beyond berm may result in loss of use of range.
- Broadhead tips are not allowed. Field tips only.
- Pick up used targets and other litter and take with you.